- Instructor: Attorney Bob Schaller
- Lectures: 3
- Quizzes: 1
Exploring IRS Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request.
Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request, can be used by an individual taxpayer who cannot pay the full amount owed as shown on a tax return or on a notice sent by the IRS. Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request, initiates the request for a monthly installment agreement or payment plan.
Form 9465 is not the solution for every taxpayer. Individual taxpayers can use Form 9465 under the following circumstances:
- The taxpayer owes income tax on Form 1040;
- The taxpayer is or may be responsible for a Trust Fund Recovery Penalty;
- The taxpayer owes employment taxes related to a sole proprietor business that is no longer in operation (for example, as reported on Forms 941, 943, or 940); or
- The taxpayer owes an individual shared responsibility payment under the Affordable Care Act.
Overview of Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request
Form 9465, Part I, Lines 1 thru 14
Form 9465, Part II, Lines 15 thru 27