Enjoy the workshops offered by www.LawSchoolCareerAdvisor.com.
Register for the online workshop now!
Seats are limited.
- This event has passed.
5-Day Bankruptcy Training and Certificate Summer Program for incoming 2Ls and 3Ls.
August 22, 2022 @ 10:00 am – August 26, 2022 @ 4:00 pm Chicago Time Zone
National Bankruptcy Academy offers its bankruptcy certificate summer program for 2Ls and 3Ls to build job-getting skills that increase the law students’ prospects of landing a solid job offer after law school.
Develop specific skills. Employers seek candidates who can “hit the ground running” and increase law firm profitability with the minimum of lost billable hours needed for training. Law students can gain those specific skills by taking this 5-day bankruptcy training summer program. 2Ls and 3Ls will learn specific, concrete, real-world skills.
Display identifiable skills. What better way to demonstrate marketable skills to prospective employers than earning a certificate from a national organization? The National Bankruptcy Academy offers its proprietary certificate in bankruptcy. Program participants will be given the opportunity to sit for the National Bankruptcy Academy 250-question online exam that requires 80% correct answers to earn the “Bankruptcy Scholar” certificate. This certificate looks great on a resume and can help law students land a solid job offer after law school.
The curriculum is outlined below.
- Bankruptcy Laws: Constitution, Statute, Rules & Caselaw
- Six Types of Bankruptcy Cases
- Timeline for Chapter 7 Cases
- Eligibility for a Chapter 7 Case
- Role of the United States Trustee
- Role of the Chapter 7 Panel Trustee
- Duty to Cooperate with the Chapter 7 Trustee
- Client Questionnaire
- Credit Report
- Tax Returns – Prior Years
- Pay Stubs/Pay Advices – Last 7 Months
- Self-Employed Profit & Loss Statement – Last 7 Months
- Chapter 7 Voluntary Petition
- Schedule A/B – Property
- Schedule C – Bankruptcy Exemptions
- Schedule D – Secured Claims
- Schedule E/F – Unsecured Claims
- Schedule G – Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases
- Schedule H – Codebtors
- Schedule I – Income
- Schedule J – Expenses
- Statement of Compensation
- Statement of Intention
- Statement of Financial Affairs
- Statement of Current Monthly Income
- Statement of Means Test Calculation
- Declaration regarding Electronic Filing
- Credit Counseling Certificate
- Section 341 Meeting of Creditors
- Rescheduling Section 341 Meeting of Creditors
- Participation at Section 341 Meeting of Creditors
- Amendments to Petition, Schedules, & Statements
- Reaffirmation Agreements
- Certificate of Financial Management Course
- Domestic Support Obligation Affidavit
- Motions to Dismiss
- Motion for Relief from the Automatic Stay
- Discharge Order
Attorney Bob Schaller