Bankruptcy Masterclass – Volume 3: Bankruptcy Selling & Closing Clients
This book discusses the six-step sales process used to close prospective clients so they are delighted to engage the law firm and pay the attorney’s legal fees. First, the rainmaker conducts a Need Analysis during the sales process to determine a prospect’s true need and the real reason the prospect came to meet with the rainmaker. Second, the lawyer asks questions to help the prospect become aware of the prospect’s own true need (i.e., Need Assessment) and not simply the symptom. Third, the attorney offers the Need Solution by connecting the benefits of filing bankruptcy with the prospect’s true need. Fourth, the lawyer identifies all objections and provides additional information to overcome the objections. Fifth, the attorney poses trial close questions when the prospect displays buying signals to gauge the prospect’s level of interest. Sixth, the lawyer offers the Need Satisfaction by asking for the engagement.
In sum, studying this book should help bankruptcy attorneys feel more competent closing deals during the initial consultation phase. Attorneys who embrace this book will be able to engage more clients by:
- Developing trust between the attorney and each prospect.
- Learning to listen.
- Understanding each prospect’s mindset.
- Selling the sizzle and not the steak.
- Overcoming the terror of talking to each prospect over the phone.
- Conducting the first phone call and securing the first appointment.
- Decorating the lawyer’s office for prestige and profit.
- Utilizing the client intake form to project bankruptcy results and recognize each prospect’s ability to pay the legal fee.
- Designing a sales process.
- Learning to ask probing questions.
- Understanding the role of objections and how to add information to overcome them.
- Closing the deal.
- Providing reassurance to each client after closing the deal.
- Obtaining online reviews and client referrals.